Close to the vibrant Hoxton Square, our modern housing scheme is just a ten minute walk away from Old Street underground station with excellent transport links to the City and West End.
It offers a varied portfolio of housing types for medium-term rent, including one bedroom flats and cluster apartments of two, three, four or six en-suite bedrooms, each with a shared kitchen and lounge area.
Each bedroom has a double bed, its own bathroom and is furnished to a high standard. Rooms are also wired for phone and internet connections, should residents wish to subscribe to such services.
The communal kitchen, dining and lounge areas have everything you need (fridge, freezer, oven, storage space) and are a great social space to enjoy with flatmates.
The accommodation at our Old Street housing scheme is provided for 2 years. An extension for a further year may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
The following services are provided inclusive of our rent and service charge costs:
- An entrance lounge.
- Members of staff, who are available on site during published times.
- A 24 hour emergency on-call service.
- The cleaning of certain communal areas by our domestic staff.
- A comprehensive housing management and maintenance service.
Our state of the art facilities include:
- Wi-fi connectivity in the entrance lounge.
- Self-service launderette.
- Landscaped courtyard garden.
- Skyline roof terrace.
We promote a strong supportive environment and offer our residents far more than just a roof over their heads. The ways we currently offer additional support to our residents include:
- Help in identifying training or employment opportunities, using our established links in the local communities in which we operate.
- Work experience and apprenticeship opportunities within The Hyelm Group and with partner organisations.
- Help in identifying permanent accommodation with the use of our established links.
- Direct financial assistance in cases of extreme hardship.
The monthly rent and service charge cost includes the following:
- Furnished accommodation.
- Energy and water bills.
- Regular cleaning of the shared kitchen/dining areas within the three, four and six bedroom cluster apartments.
- Regular cleaning of other communal areas.
- A comprehensive housing management service.
- The use of leisure facilities in the building at very low rates.
Council tax is not included in the rent and service charge. VAT does not apply.
You'll need to provide your own toiletries, towels and bedding.
All rent and service charge payments are due monthly in advance. The costs per en-suite bedroom are as follows:
|Apartment Type||Rent per en-suite bedroom per month|
|One bedroom flat||£615.59 (for eligible priority group applicants only)|
|Two bedroom cluster apartments||£615.59, £505.48 (for eligible priority group applicants only)|
|Three bedroom cluster apartments||£615.59|
|Four bedroom cluster apartments||£615.59|
|Six bedroom cluster apartments||£615.59|
Monthly Service Charge per on-suite bedroom is £111.71.
A booking fee of £150 is payable to secure a booking when your application has been confirmed as successful. This is refundable on your arrival, but non-refundable if the booking is cancelled.
The Hyelm Group's accommodation is not designed to be permanent. Residents are able to live with us for up to 2 years, during which time they will be working towards securing more permanent housing, with our help when necessary. An extension for a further year may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Applications for accommodation greatly exceed the number of places we have available at any one time, so unfortunately we are unable to house everyone who applies.
Apartments at our Old Street accommodation are allocated to those who fall within our resident eligibility criteria, with priority given to those who are in greatest need of the accommodation and services that we provide.
74 places are reserved for those from priority housing groups as defined under the Homes and Communities Agency Intermediate Rent scheme.
To find out more, to check your eligibility and to apply for one of these spaces please visit First Steps.
To be eligible for one of the remaining 51 places, you must be:
- 18 years of age or over.
- Earning a low to moderate income, no greater than 20% above the London Living Wage.
- Recognised as being in need of affordable rented housing.
- In the early years of your career.
- In need of no support but able to benefit from and contribute to living in a positive, safe, stable and supportive environment with a strong community.
Although we feel that the accommodation, facilities and services that we provide are best suited to the needs of young people, applicants will be considered from all age groups.